"Puppy Chow" Snack Mix. This sweet snack mix is made of six super simple ingredients! Puppy chow is a snack mix made of crunchy chex cereal coated in a mixture of chocolate chips, peanut butter, butter, and vanilla which is covered in powered sugar. This tasty puppy chow snack mix is a great treat to have out at a holiday get together (put it in cute cupcake liners or little individual serving size bowls).
Parmesan Ranch Snack Mix Recipe – Delightful E Made. This crock pot snack mix recipe is amazing! Mix it up this fall with a pumpkin flavored Chex puppy chow mix! arab have "Puppy Chow" Snack Mix using 6 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of "Puppy Chow" Snack Mix
- You need 1 box of chex mix or similar cereal.
- You need 4 Tablespoons of sugar.
- Prepare 4 Tablespoons of cinnamon.
- Prepare 2 cups of powdered sugar.
- Prepare of Cooking Spray.
- You need of Ziplock bags (or similar alternative).
Here's all the varieties of Crispix mix snacks I have, the Puppy Chow is the favorite of the kids of course, and they can make it themselves pretty much. So, it's popularity has withstood the test of time. First thing's first: This is a delicious snack food for people, not for feeding our puppies, dogs, or other pets that shouldn't eat chocolate. It gets its playful name for its resemblance to dry dog food kibble.
"Puppy Chow" Snack Mix instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°. Layer cooking spray on the bottom of a baking sheet. You can use foil but works fine without it also, however, spray first either way..
- Next, Lay cereal flat across greased pan. Spray a layer of cooking spray on top of all the cereal. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar and 1 tablespoon of cinnamon across top of cereal. Bake for 10-15 mins. Flip the cereal over, and repeat this step. (spray, sprinkle, and bake again) for another 10-15 mins or until golden brown. Then, Remove from heat and let cool enough to handle..
- Meanwhile, pour remaining sugar, cinnamon, and powdered sugar into a gallon ziplock bag. (If using smaller baggies just cut the ingredient amounts back/in half depending on the size of your baggies.) Scoop cereal into bag(s) and seal them without letting the air out. Now SHAKE SHAKE SHAKE! When your cereal is all coated you can transfer to different baggies or container(s) or let the air out and reseal. Or, Serve and Enjoy!.
This is the snack mix that fueled the school day sugar benders of your childhood. This is the only Halloween treat you were happy about getting in a Ziploc bag. Whoever invented puppy chow was clearly a visionary. Some might even say a genius. Not just anyone could unlock the true potential of.