Poha snack. Poha is a simple but hearty breakfast and brunch dish that originated in Northern India. Also known as aloo poha, it is made of pressed rice, potatoes, onions, and spices and is a quick and easy meal to. This snack mix is made with flattened rice (poha), nuts and spices.
Also called Flattened rice it tastes great with ketchup. Easy to make and easier to eat, this flattened rice snack is an Indian pantry staple. Beyond Curry: Poha Chivda (Indian Flattened Rice Snack). arab cook Poha snack using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Poha snack
- You need of poha(flattened rice).
- Prepare of peanuts.
- You need of roasted Bengal gram.
- It’s of red chillies.
- You need of red chilli powder.
- It’s of Turmeric powder.
- Prepare of sliced dry coconut.
- It’s of curry leaves.
- It’s of sugar.
- Prepare of Salt.
- You need of rai(mustard seeds).
- Prepare of hing(asafetoda).
- Prepare of vegetable oil.
- You need of ghee.
Spicy Poha or Poha Snack can be had as an evening time snack. It tastes great and takes hardly any time and effort to prepare. I have used Rasam Powder here but I can imagine many other variations of. Download Poha snack stock photos at the best stock photography agency with millions of premium high quality, royalty-free stock photos, images and pictures at reasonable prices.
Poha snack step by step
- Take a heated pan and fry the poha till it becomes crispy..
- Take another pan. Heat oil and ghee. Add rai, jeera, hing, peanuts, roasted Chana dal, curry leaves coconut, turmeric. Fry for about five minutes. Then add poha. Fry it for about two minutes. Then add red chilli powder, salt and sugar. Fry it for two minutes. Poha becomes crispy. Transfer it into a container only when poha cools down. Or else it becomes very soft..
- It's ready to be served. You can add finely chopped onions when serving..
This healthy snack is made by roasting thin poha variety with few spices, curry leaves and nuts As it is a dry snack, it has a longer shelf life. Roasted poha chivda is usually made a few days before. This dish is a favorite for breakfast or as a light snack in different parts of India. Chivda / Oven roasted poha chivda – is a kind of crispy snack prepared with roasted poha, puffed rice and combination of nuts and dals. This version is slightly healthy as its roasted in traditional oven.