Appetizing Tofu-Meat Teriyaki Rolls. Teriyaki tofu is the ultimate tofu dish made with tofu cut into cubes, dredged in cornstarch, and then fried in a pan for maximum crispiness. For all you tofu novices and tofu lovers alike, I give you this Teriyaki Tofu recipe. It's simple to make, and involves firm tofu—those white blocks that you can find.
Hiroyuki Terada – Diaries of a Master Sushi Chef. How to make Tofu look and taste like Chicken. Fried Tofu With Spicy Teriyaki Glaze – How To Series. arab cook Appetizing Tofu-Meat Teriyaki Rolls using 9 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Appetizing Tofu-Meat Teriyaki Rolls
- It’s 1 block of Firm tofu.
- It’s 150 grams of Thinly sliced pork belly – you can use thinly sliced pork roast or beef too.
- You need 1 stalk of Japanese leek.
- Prepare 1 of Salt and pepper.
- You need 2 tbsp of White wheat flour.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of ◎ Sake.
- You need 3 tbsp of ◎ Mirin.
- You need 3 tbsp of ◎ Soy sauce.
- Prepare 1 of Shichimi spice (optional).
Hiroyuki Terada – Diaries of a Master Sushi Chef. Teriyaki Steak rolls or Beef Rolls (牛肉巻き) are staples in Japanese home cooking and bento recipes. As thinly sliced beef and pork are essential for authentic Japanese cooking, we stuff and roll up various ingredients to make delicious steak rolls. This pan-fried teriyaki tofu is by far my favorite vegan protein to cook for dinner.
Appetizing Tofu-Meat Teriyaki Rolls instructions
- Drain the water from the firm tofu. How about an easy method using the microwave? Please refer to..
- Combine the sauce ingredients marked ◎ – the sake, mirin, and soy sauce. Slice the leek thinly on the diagonal..
- Cut the pork belly slices in half. Cut the drained tofu into 4 pieces vertically and 4 pieces horizontally for a total of 16 pieces..
- Season the meat with salt and pepper, and coat on just one side with the flour. Wrap the meat around the tofu..
- Put the rolls from Step 4 in a frying pan, and pan fry until well browned on one side..
- Turn the rolls over with a spatula, and brown on the other side also..
- When all sides are browned, add the sauce mixture from Step 2..
- Add the leek and mix gently. Put on a lid and steam-fry for 1 minute..
- Take the lid off and cook the sauce down. When the sauce has reduced and thickened a bit, turn off the heat. It's done..
- The tofu is fragile so put on serving plates with a spatula. Sprinkle with some shichimi spice if you like. Bon appetit..
Pan frying gives the tofu pieces a nice sear on the outside. Teriyaki (kanji: 照り焼き) is a cooking technique used in Japanese cuisine in which foods are broiled or grilled with a glaze of soy sauce, mirin, and sugar. Fish – yellowtail, marlin, skipjack tuna, salmon, trout, and mackerel – is mainly used in Japan, while white and red meat – chicken, pork, lamb. This crispy teriyaki tofu abounds with umami-rich flavors that will fill your senses and your stomach without leaving you feeling weighed down. Heat a wok or large frying pan over Stir and toss the vegetables until crisp-tender, then add the reserved tofu and remaining teriyaki sauce This is an excellent way to make something delicious and inexpensive (you only need ground meat.