Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop. Coming back to the banana blossom appetizer or mochar chop, I have arrived at this recipe (recipe courtesy: one of my friend who is a chef) after some trial and errors and found this works best for me. What to remove from the banana blossoms: Beneath every bracts lies the ordered rows of. mochar chop is a traditional and highly demandable Bengali snack. It's basically mochar cutlet as we Bengalis generally identify the chop as dipped in Not only banana blossom, but almost every part of banana plants are also used in our Bengali kitchen as it's a good source of iron and off-course for its.
If you like this video please thumbs up & subscribe my channel. Mochar Ghonto is a delicious and dry curry recipe and is often served along with steaming hot rice and ghee. 'Mocha' in Bengali means Plantain flowers or Banana blossoms. Plantain Flowers have amazing health Now chop the florets finely and soak them in diluted buttermilk or plain water. arab have Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop using 14 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop
- You need 1 cup of banana flower(mocha) chopped and boiled.
- It’s 2 of potatoes boiled.
- Prepare 1 of onion chopped.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ginger paste.
- You need 1 tbsp of gramflour.
- It’s 2 tbsp of cornflour or maida.
- It’s 1 cup of breadcrumbs.
- You need 1 tbsp of roasted peanuts.
- You need 2 of green chillies chopped.
- It’s 1/4 of th tsp red chilli powder.
- Prepare 1/4 of th tsp garam masala.
- It’s 1 tbsp of coriander chopped.
- It’s As needed of oil for frying.
- Prepare To taste of salt and sugar.
Serve the hot mochar chop / banana blossom appetizer with kasundi (Bengali mustard sauce) or any sauce of your choice. Few things to note while.durga puja special recipes Maha Shasti te mochar chop, koraishutir kochuri ar aloo dum On a winter morning when the mist still lingers in the sky and. My own way of serving Mochar Chops: I added a handful of alfalfa sprouts to the plate, alongside tomato ketchup! Mochar Ghonto, in Bengali 'Mochar' means 'banana blossom' & 'Ghonto' is roughly a 'mashed stir fry'.
Banana Blossom Appetizer or Mochar Chop instructions
- Discard the purple petals of banana flower or mocha.Take out all the flowers inside each layer.Peel and remove the hard stick like stigma with round head and a transparent petal in each flower.Now chop the flowers finely and soak in a turmeric and salt solution for few hours or overnight.Discard this water if it tastes bitter.Pressure cook the chopped flowers with 1.5 cups water upto 2 whistles.Release pressure and strain out all water or dry up.Boil cubed potatoes and mash and mix both..
- Add ginger paste,gramflour,breadcrumbs,chopped green chillies,coriander,red chilli powder, garam masala and half crushed peanuts.Knead to form a dough.Heat 2 tbsp oil and lightly fry the onion.Add the mashed dough and toss all.Divide into round balls and flatten slightly.Make a slurry of cornflour.Dip each chop or cutlet in it and double coat in breadcrumbs..
- Refrigerate for an hour before frying.Heat 1.5 cups refined oil in a pan and deep fry the chops till golden brown.Serve hot delicious mochar chop/cutlet with tea or as a starter in parties with hot and sweet tomato sauce and sliced onion..
Prepping banana blossoms is a labourious activity, but it is worth every bead of sweat. This recipe is our take on the famous Bengali delicacy. Follow our recipe as is and keep it simple. Mochar chop or Banana Blossom Croquette is a delicacy from the land of Bengal. Serve Banana Blossom (Flower) Fry / Mochar Ghonto with rice.