Brad's Sea Scallop Appetizer with Maple Butternut and Pea Puree. Aprons are for Cowards presents an appetizer that is guaranteed to steal the show at any dinner. It involves large succulent scallops, an aromatic pea purée. This recipe for scallops with butternut purée and sage butter makes for an easy but impressive starter.
Hazelnut-flavored Scallop Carpaccio, Scallops With Currant And Rock Pear, Minute Tartare Scallops. white pepper, ginger, chives, scallops, lime juice, sea salt. The luscious sweet pea purée comes together quickly, and the pancetta bakes while you sear the scallops. Easy and elegant, this dish is great for Transfer the contents of the pan to a blender and purée to a smooth consistency, adding a little water if needed. arab cook Brad's Sea Scallop Appetizer with Maple Butternut and Pea Puree using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's Sea Scallop Appetizer with Maple Butternut and Pea Puree
- It’s of Sea scallops, about 3 per serving.
- You need of Sea salt.
- It’s of Olive oil.
- Prepare of Chopped cooked bacon for garnish.
- You need of For the maple butternut puree.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped, peeled butternut squash.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sour cream.
- You need 1/2 tsp of maple syrup.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of lemon juice.
- Prepare of For the pea puree.
- You need 1/2 cup of English peas, frozen works better than canned.
- You need 1/4 tsp of sea salt.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of lime juice.
Season to taste with salt and pepper. Pan Seared Scallops Scallop Recipes Avocado Oil Cravings Seafood Easy Meals Dinner Recipes Guy Appetizers. Homemade Butternut Squash Ravioli with Brown Butter Sage Sauce, made with pasta dough from scratch and roasted garlic and butternut, tastes like heaven. For the Scallops and Pea Puree.
Brad's Sea Scallop Appetizer with Maple Butternut and Pea Puree instructions
- Start 2 pans of water on to boil for the purees. Boil squash and peas separately until they are tender..
- To make the purees, drain squash and peas separately. In a blender add ingredients for the squash puree. The squash and peas should be hot when you blend them. Pulse a couple times. Turn blender to liquefy and slowly add hot water until puree becomes very smooth and silky. Taste and adjust seasonings to your liking. Repeat with the peas. They will take considerably less water to make smooth..
- Get a large frying pan heating on stove just over medium heat..
- Cut scallops in half so they will cook evenly. Pat dry with paper towels..
- When pan is hot add about 1 tbs olive oil per batch of scallops. Put scallops in pan. Lay them away from you. Immediately salt them. They should only need about 90-100 seconds per side. If doing more than 1 batch, clean pan between batches. Drain on paper towels for a minute when done..
- For plating, either mimic the picture or arrange in your own style. Garnish with a small piece of bacon. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
Pea puree was surprisingly spicy because of the raw ginger but I liked it a lot. The recipe made way too much gremolata which I think could have been halved. Prepare the Sea Scallops: Sprinkle sea scallops all over with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. While the scallops are cooking, spoon pea purée on.